Site update: most of my content these days is on Twitter and MyFDL, with occasional posts on the Horn. I am reviving this site, however. I have cleared out a lot of spam that accumulated and will be working to update it shortly. First will be an update on my Chicago trip, and then I will to post about A Burner Lexicon.
As I said, I flew to Chicago in early August. The miles were donated to me. Other donations:
- $130.00 in donations
- $80.99 returned to me for the defective iMac top case assembly.
- $10.60 returned for a defective USB cable, via GroupOn.
Plus $87.65 left over.
My expenses included:
- $39.99 for a new top case assembly … which also turned out to be defective (missing parts). This is being returned.
- $177.53 for a confirmed working used top case assembly and installation at an Apple repair shop.
- $9.54 for another USB cable via GroupOn.
- $35.83 CLEAR Hotspot payment
- $10.61 to ship the first broken top case assembly back (the other seller has paid returns).
- At least $85 in travel expenses just getting to & from airport, getting around Chicago, travel supplies, etc. which…
more than cover the amount I had set aside from donations.
I really appreciate everyone’s donations which made it possible to cover the NoALEC protests in Chicago as well as get updates on the city’s political prisoners. I also now have a working laptop — though it’s aging, it should get me through some time until I can save up for a new one.