2017 was a challenging year, but one that was actually rewarding on a personal level. I began the year by losing my job at MintPress News, but by the end of the 2017 I’d accepted a position as editor of Ministry of Hemp, a niche media site that’s still in its early stages but rapidly growing into a respected voice.
What is Gonzo Notes?
“Gonzo Notes,” my free mailing list, launched December 1, 2016.
At least once a month, subscribers receive analysis of current events, simple tips to make your activism safer and more effective, and links to my recent writing.
I’m not just a journalist, but also an activist and organizer dedicated to building a better world. My writing focuses on issues of inequality, the war on drugs, human rights, and social justice, and Gonzo Notes is another way to share my viewpoint with my readers and fans.
There’s a lot happening in the world, from the election of an egotistical neo-fascist to the White House to the continued crackdown on basic civil liberties under a growing police state. In Gonzo Notes, I give you my ideas about what’s happening, and maybe what you can do about it.
I won’t ever sell this mailing list to anyone, or use it to send you commercial garbage. I will share a few links I like, promote other writers I enjoy, and let you know new ways to support my writing.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- (December 1 2016) Gonzo Notes 01: Life Under President Trump (Translation: German / Deutsch)
- (December 8 2016) Gonzo Notes 02: Celebrate Every Victory
- (December 23 2016) Gonzo Notes 03: How to break rules in 2017
- (January 16, 2017) Gonzo Notes 04: Don’t let unity erase your struggle
- (February 10, 2017) Gonzo Notes 05: How to survive Hurricane Donald
- (February 28, 2017) Gonzo Notes 06: Stay and fight fascism where you are
- (April 10, 2017) Gonzo Notes 07: Fascism and the harsh lessons of failure
- (April 29, 2017) Gonzo Notes 08: Life on the precipice
- (May 15, 2017) Gonzo Notes 09: Laughing ourselves to hell
- (June 19, 2017) Gonzo Notes 10: You’re never ‘just’ a journalist
- (July 10, 2017) Gonzo Notes 11: Embracing diversity of tactics
- (July 31, 2017) Gonzo Notes 12: Respect is earned
- (August 29, 2017) Gonzo Notes 13: What are antifa doing after Harvey?
- (October 18, 2017) Gonzo Notes 14: On punching nazis and forbidden knowledge in 2017
- (October 30, 2017) Gonzo Notes 15: In praise of black bloc heroes
- (November 24, 2017) Gonzo Notes 16: Don’t wait to take the streets, don’t wait to organize
- (January 6, 2018) Gonzo Notes 17: Beyond the dumpster fire and into 2018
Gonzo Notes is published under Creative Commons Attribution License. Copy it, share it, reuse it, reprint it. Just give me credit.