I’m in a strange position this month as a gonzo journalist, because I can’t really write about the major action I attended last month. The short version is that I attended a counterprotest against the Austin version of the national “March 4 Trump.” We were badly outnumbered, surrounded and attacked by fascist Trump supporters.
“Gonzo Notes,” my free mailing list, launched December 1, 2016.
Once or twice a month, subscribers receive a few of my thoughts on current events, along with links to everything I’ve written recently.
I’m not just a journalist, but also an activist and organizer dedicated to building a better world. My writing focuses on issues of inequality, the war on drugs, human rights, and social justice, and I hope Gonzo Notes can become another way to share my viewpoint with my readers and fans.
There’s a lot happening in the world, from the election of an egotistical neo-fascist to the White House to the continued crackdown on basic civil liberties under a growing police state. In Gonzo Notes, I give you my ideas about what’s happening, and maybe what you can do about it.
I won’t ever sell this mailing list to anyone, or use it to send you commercial garbage. I will share a few links I like, promote other writers I enjoy, and let you know new ways to support my writing.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- (December 1 2016) Gonzo Notes 01: Life Under President Trump (Translation: German / Deutsch)
- (December 8 2016) Gonzo Notes 02: Celebrate Every Victory
- (December 23 2016) Gonzo Notes 03: How to break rules in 2017
- (January 16, 2017) Gonzo Notes 04: Don’t let unity erase your struggle
- (February 10, 2017) Gonzo Notes 05: How to survive Hurricane Donald
- (February 28, 2017) Gonzo Notes 06: Stay and fight fascism where you are
- (April 10, 2017) Gonzo Notes 07: Fascism and the harsh lessons of failure
Gonzo Notes is published under Creative Commons Attribution License. Copy it, share it, reuse it, reprint it. Just give me credit.